I Wanna Be The Forums!
July 28, 2014, 08:12:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41
  Print  
Author Topic: Velocityquest IV  (Read 87936 times)
DraconicDescendant
Moderator
The Guy
*****
Posts: 1991


Sexy-ass smoke ganks


View Profile
« on: June 28, 2011, 06:55:47 pm »

Visions of a dark storm come to you as you stir, confined. Whispers lower and rise in intensity as lightning flashes, thunder booming. A beast flies through the storm, undeterred by the stinging hail or the freezing winds. The message it must deliver is too important, tucked away in a rucksack snuggled up against its chest. With another flash of lightning, the beast flies onward, toward the lights of a city. Its approach arouses the guards from their normally sleepy demeanor. The wall is a petty obstacle for the flyer. It zooms past the guards, heading for the castle.

You come to a sleepy consciousness, suddenly aware that you're encased in something. It's slightly hard, but it shouldn't be too difficult for you to break out of here. Your legs stir, folded underneath you, tiny claws at your disposal. Your arms twitch, also clawed, whilst having dexterity. You can't see much, but you know that there's a small sharp horn on the tip of your nose that's perfect for your escape.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 03:56:28 pm by DraconicDescendant » Logged

Velocity
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 388


And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 07:09:29 pm »

Use my horn to hack my way out of whatever I'm stuck inside, then move around a bit and try getting a good look at myself.
Logged
DraconicDescendant
Moderator
The Guy
*****
Posts: 1991


Sexy-ass smoke ganks


View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 07:21:24 pm »

You slowly crack your way through the thin wall, snorting as a cool air enters your nostrils. You ram into the wall again and again, cracking it more and more until it crumbles away.

Look, my love, our firstborn is hatching... a soothing female voice says in your head.
Look at that color! He's red, just like my father! a powerful male voice replies.

You crack out of the eggshell, looking around in wonderment as you observe a large cavern, two towering colossi standing over you. Your mother and father. Your mother leans down, her towering frame making you realize just how small you are, but how strong she is. She is green, with loving golden eyes. You feel her lick you adoringly several times. Your father is slightly larger, with golden scales, and strong, resolved red eyes. He only looks at you, but you can feel how proud he is.

You twist your flexible neck around, observing beautiful red scales. You see jet black spikes running down the length of your wingless back, flowing down to the tip of your tail, which has a sharp spike on the end. You feel sharp teeth, made for tearing meat, lining your mouth. You run a serpentine tongue over each individual one, before realizing that you are not alone in this nest. There are three other eggs, none of which have hatched yet. They are an off-white color, and are each about your size.
Logged

Velocity
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 388


And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 07:29:55 pm »

Walk over to one of the other eggs, and prod it gently, seeing if anything moves inside. Try to communicate with my parents.
Logged
DraconicDescendant
Moderator
The Guy
*****
Posts: 1991


Sexy-ass smoke ganks


View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 07:36:47 pm »

You tilt your head, trying to comprehend this form of communication, but eventually you get your first words out.

M-mommy? Daddy? Your voice is squeaky, and timid.

Yes son, says your father. Welcome to the world.

Another egg twitches. Your parents take notice. Be on guard, little one, you may soon have to defend yourself.

The egg cracks open to reveal a slim, blue-scaled lizard. It is much like you. Upon looking around and spotting you, it growls, bearing its sharp teeth. An instinct inside of yourself also causes you to react in a hostile manner. You feel quite angry at this new guest, and you refuse to share this nest with it. It steps out of its shell and quickly charges across the twigs of the nest toward you!
Logged

Velocity
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 388


And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 07:11:30 pm »

Try to jump to the side at the last moment, then spear it with my horn as it runs past, clawing at it as I stun it.
Logged
DraconicDescendant
Moderator
The Guy
*****
Posts: 1991


Sexy-ass smoke ganks


View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 07:17:40 pm »

A quick evade gives you a clear shot at his flank. You cut it lightly with your horn, and open it up with your obsidian claws. The whelp hisses, lashing out at you and nearly cutting your throat open! It is thrown off balance, and lands with its belly exposed!
Logged

Velocity
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 388


And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 07:21:16 pm »

Gore its stomach, and slit the belly open.
Logged
DraconicDescendant
Moderator
The Guy
*****
Posts: 1991


Sexy-ass smoke ganks


View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 07:30:31 pm »

You make the move, but in its desperate attempts to defend itself, your brother plummets over the side of the nest, tumbling down the rock wall to the cavern floor located at least five meters below. You watch as it gets up, hurt. It begins to limp away.

You have proven yourself for the first time, my son, says your father. You are the superior of this clutch. Now, be ready when the other eggs hatch.
Logged

Velocity
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 388


And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 09:01:43 pm »

Wait, silently, ready to fight the rest of my siblings.
Logged
DraconicDescendant
Moderator
The Guy
*****
Posts: 1991


Sexy-ass smoke ganks


View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 09:29:54 pm »

Another egg begins shaking, but as it hatches you do not feel the level of aggression that you did with your other sibling. A green dragoness climbs out, with shining golden eyes. It sits down, and rests. You're at ease, you need only be concerned with males.

It is your sister, dear Laharl, says your mother. She shall be...Lecillix.

Lecillix pads over to you, gives you a curious glance, and then nudges you gently several times with her nose.

The fourth egg hatches, revealing a black-scaled dragoness, with green eyes. You have no problem with her either.

Mekal. My second daughter shall be Mekal, says your mother. I'm...so happy, Surtij...

So am I,  Melattix, so am I...
Logged

Velocity
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 388


And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 07:43:12 am »

Mommy, Daddy... What am I?

Cuddle up with my sisters, and keep an eye on the fifth egg.
Logged
DraconicDescendant
Moderator
The Guy
*****
Posts: 1991


Sexy-ass smoke ganks


View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2011, 08:06:33 am »

There were only four eggs.

The three of you cuddle up together, Mekal playfully nudging you with her snout repeatedly.

You are the most beautiful creature of the Earth, my son. You are a dragon. Your father and mother embrace, twisting their necks around each other's.
Logged

Velocity
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 388


And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2011, 07:38:36 am »

How long until I can fly? I really want to fly.
Logged
DraconicDescendant
Moderator
The Guy
*****
Posts: 1991


Sexy-ass smoke ganks


View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2011, 12:32:20 pm »

Patience, dear Laharl. You will have to wait until you are at adulthood to get your wings. Until then, I will protect you, and nurture you. You feel the strength of your mother's love through your bond, it makes you feel safe.

...Lah-harl...Lah-harl, a voice says to you. You think it may be the voice of Mekal. ...You look silly.
Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!