I Wanna Be The Forums!
April 24, 2014, 05:53:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 50
  Print  
Author Topic: Pickory - Final version!  (Read 74275 times)
Storyyeller
The Guy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: December 23, 2011, 05:15:19 pm »

Good news everyone! I've finally figured out a solution for the design flaws in the level design I've been stuck on since last summer. Anyway, is anyone interested in alpha testing? I haven't done the graphics, sounds, etc. yet, but the level is mostly playable, so you can help figure out whether the difficulty is reasonable.

Starz0r

Hatsune Miku

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: December 23, 2011, 05:22:52 pm »

I'll try it.

Forum: http://www.iwannacommunity.com/forum/

PROJECT COMPLETION: 2.5%

Wannabe Forums: http://fangamecom
SirRouven

I like Touhou.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: December 23, 2011, 06:11:23 pm »

I would love to test it. May I also record it and upload it to Youtube?
Storyyeller
The Guy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: December 23, 2011, 06:25:10 pm »

Sure, but I'd prefer if you don't make any videos until I finish the graphics. Right now it is all placeholders.

SirRouven

I like Touhou.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: December 23, 2011, 06:41:28 pm »

That´s ok too. Just send me the game when you can.
Storyyeller
The Guy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: January 01, 2012, 03:00:34 pm »

Update!
Version 12.01.01 is out, featuring two new levels, one redesigned level, and a new secret item.

Edit:
So when I post asking for alpha testers, I get tons of responses, but when I actually release the level, noone posts?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 06:39:32 pm by Storyyeller » Logged

Darkwraith Axl

Returning with newfound humanity.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: January 02, 2012, 10:26:06 pm »

Maybe they're testing it. Besides, remember, there are people who's still partying or chilling after tons of alcohol  Grin

> So... The Fangame Community were made to keep us dicks away?
> Pretty much.
Starz0r

Hatsune Miku

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: January 02, 2012, 11:07:40 pm »

Sorry. So I started playing again, went to the same place (didn't use my old save because it passes General Tor). So I tryed to pass that level once again. I can't see how to complete the level, also the hint you gave me Storyyeller didn't make any sense.

Forum: http://www.iwannacommunity.com/forum/

PROJECT COMPLETION: 2.5%

Wannabe Forums: http://fangamecom
Storyyeller
The Guy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: January 02, 2012, 11:12:07 pm »

Can you send me a replay of the farthest you've gotten? I'm not sure exactly what you're doing.

SirRouven

I like Touhou.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: January 03, 2012, 10:27:51 pm »

i started the game and went to
the super meat boy level
i didn´t have time for more testing but i liked the stage seems like a little puzzle
i didn´t figure out how to go through the room but i will try it soon again
Storyyeller
The Guy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: January 04, 2012, 12:13:23 am »

I hope I haven't made it too hard. The puzzle seems straightforward enough to me, but sometimes other people find my puzzles much harder.

Winhelp

Wow you can put text here

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: January 04, 2012, 02:26:59 pm »

I hope I haven't made it too hard. The puzzle seems straightforward enough to me, but sometimes other people find my puzzles much harder.

Personally i find that this level OK - i have managed to reach General Tor after a reasonable amount of time(i we talk about IWBTG-like games). General Tor itself is a really good boss too - it is hard enough and really enjoyable. I think stages like aimir fight or hydorah level are "blockers"(i still havent beaten hydorah level boss, but i guess i didnt try too hard and in games like this it is not good when you can beat them in one day Tongue).

However i have no clue how tho reach this portal thing in super meat boy level, but i guess it leads to secret level or something and is not supposed to be easy.

Well, there is one thing about resonance reflector - at first i thought that after taking it you can go back to super meat boy level and use it to somehow reach this portal - and when i think about it, it would be really cool. I was little disappointed when it turned out that you lose it, and i think when this item has no use when you are not fighting Tor, you should not be able to go back after you take this. But i guess that is a minor complain.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 02:29:01 pm by Winhelp » Logged

text above may contain incorrect English
Storyyeller
The Guy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: January 04, 2012, 02:30:44 pm »

When I was designing the levels, I assumed you couldn't backtrack, so unfortunately that doesn't work. It would be cool though.

Minor update:
* You can no longer go back after getting the resonance reflector
* There's a message in the mansion telling you to come back after defeating the bosses so that hopefully, new players won't get confused.

As far as the aiMir and Chinchou bosses, do you have any suggestions to improve them? I think Chinchou is pretty reasonable now thanks to the shield, but I've never been happy with aiMir.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:41:14 pm by Storyyeller » Logged

Winhelp

Wow you can put text here

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: January 04, 2012, 04:45:28 pm »

As far as the aiMir and Chinchou bosses, do you have any suggestions to improve them? I think Chinchou is pretty reasonable now thanks to the shield, but I've never been happy with aiMir.
Well, the biggest problem with aiMir is not even aiMir itself - over 90% of deaths are because of collisions with the moon. I deafeated aiMir once, and my tactic was just trying not to fall into moon and dodging aiMir's bullets. I didn't shoot even once - all five hits was actually because of aiMir getting hit by his own bullets Tongue I showed a friend of mine this standalone aiMir fight you posted some time ago - he is doing a game with the same physics as in this fight or KSpaceDuel (but i dont think we will see a release soon Tongue) so you would think it would be easier for him, and it really was - he actually managed to defeat him twice, but stiill it took him over an hour(much quicker than me) and guess what - he achieved it by practically the same tactic. The idea with fighting satellites is really cool, but it is something wrong when the best way to deafeat the boss is letting him commit suicide.

I think the whole fight is a little bit more bearable when you drop "overall game speed" parameter - when it is like 0.7 i managed to hit him two or three times, but in my opinion it still remains quite challenging(well, at the moment i cant beat him, but i really dont feel like trying now).

I dont feel competent to suggest something about chinchou, as i fought him only several times - it is quite time consuming because of this whole fragment before him and that can be a little discouraging. I will try later though.

text above may contain incorrect English
Storyyeller
The Guy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #659 on: January 13, 2012, 07:54:10 pm »

Well my main advice for fighting Chinchou is, collect all the weapon powerups and stay as close in front of it as you can. Since there's a max bullet cap, the closer you are, the faster you'll fire.

Edit: I am thinking about trying to make it easier to aim in the Portal segment by adding a marker where the bullet is expected to hit. What do you think? Should I go ahead and do this, or is difficulty in aiming just part of the challenge?

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 50
  Print  

Jump to: