I Wanna Be The Forums!
July 24, 2014, 01:35:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: SilentNomad  (Read 8580 times)
Velocity
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 388


And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2010, 09:12:19 pm »

You take as much as you can without compromising movement.
You open up the trapdoor into the light of the near-full moon. Above you are a set of gallows with an empty noose. You've emerged out onto a raised wooden platform. Nearby are several huts, seeminly made out of hardened sand. Completely out of place, however, is a two-floored wooden building.
Between you and the buildings, about twenty hooded lizard-folk. They appear not to have noticed you.
Logged
SilentLoner
Guest

« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2010, 09:20:14 pm »

Try to make my way to the nearest hut without getting anyone's attention. If that's not possible, at least try to not arouse any suspicion.
Logged
Velocity
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 388


And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2010, 09:41:32 pm »

The crowd notices you as you stand up. You slink off in the direction of the nearest hut as the crowd jeers and laughs at you. You're several metres away from both the hut and the platform when you hear the trapdoor opening again. You turn around and see somebody beginning to climb down the ladder.
Logged
SilentLoner
Guest

« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2010, 09:56:32 pm »

OH SHIT

Lose any attention I may have and duck into the nearest hut.
Logged
Velocity
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 388


And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2010, 10:31:53 pm »

The hut is poorly furnished, with two hammocks on the floor and nothing else. You hide behind the doorway, moments pass until you hear a confused squawk from below.
At least now you can take pride in the fact that public opinion of that lizard is now even lower than it was when they thought they saw him leaving empty handed.
Logged
SilentLoner
Guest

« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2010, 10:48:17 pm »

Try to peek outside and see what the crowd is doing.
Logged
Velocity
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 388


And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2010, 10:54:52 pm »

There are no windows, and you've closed the door. The room is lit by a single torch at the far end of the room. You could probably take it.
Logged
SilentLoner
Guest

« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2010, 11:02:00 pm »

Take the torch, then quietly sneak back outside.
Logged
Velocity
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 388


And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2010, 08:36:51 am »

You exit the door, completely illuminated by your torch. Everyone in the crowd sees you.
You idiot.
Logged
SilentLoner
Guest

« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2010, 01:13:40 pm »

Well, you can't just tell me I can take something and expect me to ignore it, can you? It was totally worth it.

Wave at the lizardmen.
Logged
Velocity
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 388


And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2010, 04:48:06 pm »

You could have extinguished it and hid in the dark.
There's a silence for but a second. Another lizard comes up through the trapdoor, points at you, and screeches something. All eyes turn to you and the crowd runs in your direction.
Logged
SilentLoner
Guest

« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2010, 05:05:51 pm »

Yeah, but that would have made sense. Run in the opposite direction, foolishly keeping the torch with me.
Logged
Velocity
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 388


And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2010, 05:34:55 pm »

You run in the opposite direction, into the house you just left.
Woops.
The lizards get close to the doorway.
Logged
SilentLoner
Guest

« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2010, 05:39:45 pm »

Barricade the door and BURN ANOTHER WAY OUT
Logged
Velocity
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 388


And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2010, 05:41:16 pm »

You have nothing to barricade the door with, and the house is made of sand.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!