I Wanna Be The Forums!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: LEAGUE OF LEGENDS  (Read 9051 times)

Kloud

• PRO
  • The Guy
  • I hate myself
    • View Profile
Re: LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2014, 03:36:31 pm »

Hey Venser, I'm leveling up another account and I'm playing the few champs out there I haven't played, or don't know very well. I've been trying to jungle with eve, and it hasn't been going so well, and I know you're a master at it xD I had been jungling with Xin, which was going extremely well and I was surprised I had never really tried him out until recently, which is my loss since I always seem to do well with him. I've run into certain champs that i'm just not very good with or I dont seem to understand how to play them effectively, and eve is one of them. I know she can be a beast, but i'm just not getting it. Also if anyones on I'll play, I'm leveling up my account ProvenByPridE right now, and i'll probably start using that one regularly. I have like 5 level 30's, but most of them don't have rune pages so on this acc i'm going to save for all tier 3 runes and get into ranked as soon as I hit it.

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2014, 03:52:28 am »

Well, part of the problem with Eve right now is that she got hit extremely hard a few patches ago due to her dominance in competitive play (Eve, Lee Sin, and Elise were pretty much the only junglers people were playing until they all got nerfed). Eve got hit the hardest, losing a fair bit of damage on her q in the early game, but getting better ad and ap ratios on it in the later stages.

Basically what that means is that she has really shitty early clear now (even worse than it was, and it was never good) and her early ganks are less threatening since she brings a bit less damage. She scales better with damage items, though, which is a nice bonus.

Before, you could run some different runes on her in the jungle, but now with the changes you must run flat AD reds, flat AP quints, and flat armor yellows or your early clear is just godawful (your blues can be a bunch of different things - ap, mr/lvl, cdr, whatever [as an aside, I've heard that flat ad quints work too, but I've never tried it myself, so use at your own risk]). Without that rune setup, you won't be able to gank after doing red and blue and hitting level 3, which is Eve's biggest opportunity to start snowballing, so it's really important.

The biggest thing with Eve is just being in the right place at the right time. She's very unusual amongst champions with her permanent stealth but extreme fragility and requires a really big playstyle shift from most typical champion archetypes since she doesn't fit well among them (she isn't a mage, bruiser, assassin, carry, or support, really; she's something of a bruiser/assassin hybrid but doesn't play like other bruiser/assassin hybrids like Diana or Rengar).

Learning to play Eve just comes from a lot of games on her, really. It's hard to tell someone how to play her when 100% of what you want to do is situational because she has so many options in the early game. Then depending upon how you do in the early game, your options continue to expand or contract (expanding if you get ahead, contracting when you fall behind). It's a pretty hard process to describe, so other than the basic tips like runes and always gank at level 3 after you get doublebuffs, there's not much I can say.
Ybbald: I read that as "deadly venser"
Ybbald: and I was like
Ybbald: "when is venser NOT deadly?"

Arkhanno: We'll have to out-source to the US. I know of a great doctor with lifeguard training that can do anything with a 90% success rate

Evan20k: Sherlock Holmes didn't have 5 arms and 6 penises and lifeguard training

Kloud

• PRO
  • The Guy
  • I hate myself
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2014, 03:33:32 pm »

I have other jungler's I normally play, but i've heard and seen first hand just what an eve could do, and she can be a wrecking ball in games. So I'm still going to be playing her, and I know I'll get it eventually, but knowing she got nerfed makes a little more sense now, and the fact i'm playing her on a low level account without even tier 2 runes may be why my wave clear time is so horrendus. Once I get higher in level or buy her on my level 30, i'm wondering how much of an affect it will have on the game play. I do have trouble knowing when to gank, she seems like its almost better to gank with her when your team has a distinct advantage over the enemy as opposed to going in when your team is low and taking some of that damage, while dealing it at the same time. I think you're pretty much overall correct in everything you said, and timing is everything. I will try the Level 3 double buffs gank next game I use her, and see how effective that is. I've actually been playing her someone conservatively, trying to stay in the jungle up until 5 or 6 until i go in lane, if lanes are doing well and permit me too of course.

thanks for the tips, vense. We should play again sometime, whenever your busy schedule allows you too :P

null

• pls come back
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2014, 11:51:22 am »

Join the official IWBTF discord server! https://discord.me/iwbtg
Quote from: Yb
That was fucking obnoxious

Currently working on an android game inspired by IWBTG.

Kloud

• PRO
  • The Guy
  • I hate myself
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2014, 08:56:25 pm »

dat taric <3 if anyones on later and want's to play i'll be on. Close to promo's trying to get outta bronze, it's shameful and its been taking forever. I haven't broke 100 games so I guess it's to be expected.

soobn

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2014, 07:27:20 pm »

recent ranked success for me is attributed to morgana, shes so broken. the hitbox of the snare is big enough and some ppl seem magnetized to it (including me when i play against her :P)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 07:28:53 pm by soobn »

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2014, 12:15:54 am »

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the way Morgana is right now (I despise playing against her), but until they change her she's certainly one of the better supports to play. Typically I play Thresh just because he's so much more fun, but right now if you're looking to win in soloqueue Morgana is a pretty good way to go.
Ybbald: I read that as "deadly venser"
Ybbald: and I was like
Ybbald: "when is venser NOT deadly?"

Arkhanno: We'll have to out-source to the US. I know of a great doctor with lifeguard training that can do anything with a 90% success rate

Evan20k: Sherlock Holmes didn't have 5 arms and 6 penises and lifeguard training

soobn

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2014, 01:53:50 am »

yea, thresh is a lot of fun but pretty difficult. i play a lot of blitzcrank so i find it hard transitioning over to thresh's hook sometimes (fine with nauts though) but thresh just offers so much more than the hook. also, maokai support is a niche fav of mine, even if it doesnt really work haha

null

• pls come back
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2014, 07:00:31 am »

I'm a Maokai main and I play him in every lane and every role (Except adc in ranked). Support works really good if you are playing with an Ez or Lucian.

Anyway like every season, a few weeks before the deadline is when I start playing ranked hardcore aiming for the next tier. Not sure if I can make it from gold 4 to plat 5 in less than 3 weeks though. Maybe.

Katz

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2016, 05:06:38 pm »

OT: Assassin rework

Holy shit the Katarina buffs made me love her more than ever before. I won't be surprised when Talon and her get serious nerfs (which is another of my current mains). Also rip Annie.

null

• pls come back
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2016, 05:20:33 pm »

I'm a Maokai main and I play him in every lane and every role (Except adc in ranked).

kill me
I miss these days so much ; - ;
rip all role maokai always in my heart

LOLGAMMER

• aka lolgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2016, 05:47:25 am »

Katz

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2017, 02:31:28 pm »

The dream of getting out of bronze ;(

Kloud

• PRO
  • The Guy
  • I hate myself
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2017, 06:42:25 am »

Just have 2 champs you can like always win with, for me it's akali and garen. Have 80 percenet wins with akali but have been doing top jungle and just lost a series again. rip
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 06:44:13 am by Kloud »

null

• pls come back
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2017, 11:35:47 pm »

the key to winning league of legends is to stop playing it

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4