I Wanna Be The Forums!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Request of Moderation Actions (PLEASE READ)  (Read 10192 times)

Chef Excellence®

• An Excellent® Admin
  • Administrator
  • "An Excellent® Person"
    • View Profile
Request of Moderation Actions (PLEASE READ)
« on: June 29, 2015, 11:20:25 pm »

TL:DR version - Post here in case you want X thread moved or locked, or if Member Y needs to be told to stop something.

Hello everyone, your friendly neighborhood Chef Excellence® speaking! I wish that I were unveiling a new Stay Fresh product for the world to enjoy, but instead I'm here to talk and discuss the state that these forums seem to be in.

Far be it from me to say it, but these forums aren't as popular as they once were. By taking a look over the stats, you'll be able to see that the numbers are slowly but surely dwindling for number of post counts. Many people that once frequented the site no longer do so for many reasons, including a good portion of the staff appointed to remain in charge of the boards. I'll be honest myself, I don't spend time reading posts as often as I used to either, but it doesn't mean that I don't ever come back to the site at all, just 98% of the time I really have nothing interesting to say.

What really prompted me to make a new post was Infern0's run for Admin 2015, as it's a yearly tradition at IWBTF to go forward into the runnings (as overseen by the current staff) and proove the justice of our culture prove themselves as worthy candidates for why they should be in charge. That got me to thinking about a few things, but I'll provide a rundown of how it played out in my head...

Do we really need more admins/mods at this point, regardless of how many of them show up on a regular basis? Well... no, we don't. We seem to do pretty well at self-policing each other as to knowing what should and shouldn't be appropriate to post. We have a Crap board for a reason, even though not too much of it is good by any standards it does serve a purpose for posting random news articles and other findings from the internet here that instead would be clogging up any of the other boards. Sure, a few things can get out of hand that would require immediate attention (Derf and his Whammys, for instance), but for the most part threads either die out naturally or get locked by the OP/mods if it gets too out of hand.

But say we do get another admin/mod signed up, it would only provide a temporary solution to what is ultimately a permanent problem. One of the main reasons I got instated with very select mod powers was to take care of the bots that drowned the forums in shitty ads when Kayin updated the forums back in February 2014, and I did my diligence into making sure every last one of them had been taken care of, as well as getting rid of any and all of the posts they had spammed. Since then, the only thing I've done of note was also take care of cleaning up after the Whammy mess later the same year, and it was only then that I stepped up and actually banned someone that was deserving of such, and only for a week at that.

Does that mean I'm upset that I haven't gotten to use my powers that often? Far from it, it means that this place is usually doing so well on its own (even with the lack of people posting) that it doesn't need that much attention anymore. But I wanted you guys to know that even though I don't ever post anymore, I'm still here and I can still take care of things when needed if you just let me know about it, so this thread is dedicated to just that.

Accidentally post a thread in the wrong board? Let me know and I'll move it for you!
Joke thread gone too far and is just beating a dead horse? Let me know and I'll preserve it in a Stay Fresh Thread Bag™ to keep it from spoiling any further!
Someone posting the same, unfunny comment on every thread they come across, and I somehow miss it? Call them out here so that I can call them out on their actions! (Most likely a good talking to, but it depends on my mood)

Please feel free to let me know if this is what this community needs, or if I'm going about this the wrong way. I want to be here for you guys, you just need to let me know how I can make myself useful!

EDIT after the first response:
: unrelated • show

INFERN0 2015

EXHIBIT A: WHAT NOT TO DO IN A GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD.

I'll go ahead and mention it here- I get an e-mail shot to my phone any time someone posts here, as I want to take this matter seriously (unless absolutely no one else does), but until then, we must maintain at least some sort of professionalism. Yes, the tag mentions it's unrelated, but without any sort of follow-up the post is meaningless. Fine if it's in a Crap thread, but not here. Especially not this thread.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 12:48:02 am by Chef Excellence® »
"An Excellent® Signature" -Chef Excellence®
: An Excellent® Spoiler Pic Signature • show

shitty name fixed

• The Jooger, in case you didn't realize
    • View Profile
Re: Request of Moderation Actions (PLEASE READ)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 12:50:17 am »

This is the most Excellent® idea ever
When will it be my time?

LOLGAMMER

• aka lolgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 01:47:58 pm »

I approve this thread and hope for the best for the forum's next era which I would like to call the Dead era but hopefully after the release of Brave Hearth the life spark of the forum will return  :)

Chef Excellence®

• An Excellent® Admin
  • Administrator
  • "An Excellent® Person"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 12:35:24 pm »

http://iwbtg.kayin.moe/forums/index.php?topic=23370.0 Please either move this thread to Crap!, erase it, or ban mister Pitbull for his sins against general discussion as seen in this thread

Topic moved to Crap, as requested. LolGamer hasn't done anything to warrant a ban yet, but I'll keep my eyes posted.

PS: If I fufill a request, I remove the original post, just so I can keep on top of things.

Chef Excellence®, can you do anything about our shortage of players necessary to start Full Metal Alchemafia? Make some clones or something?

My Eldritch powers are not what they used to be, I would need either proper tribute or sacrifices made for it to happen.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 12:38:08 pm by Chef Excellence® »

Evan20000

• Nuke 'em
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • Forum Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 05:59:34 am »

This thread has needed to happen for a long time.

...And it should go without saying that requesting something doesn't mean that it will happen; it's just that, a request.

Your videos could just be you in a Nazi outfit, shitting into a bucket while doing the can-can and they'd already be miles ahead of Pewdiepie.

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 08:28:04 pm »

Nice of you to pick up the various duties that are still necessary to perform.
Ybbald: I read that as "deadly venser"
Ybbald: and I was like
Ybbald: "when is venser NOT deadly?"

Arkhanno: We'll have to out-source to the US. I know of a great doctor with lifeguard training that can do anything with a 90% success rate

Evan20k: Sherlock Holmes didn't have 5 arms and 6 penises and lifeguard training

Chef Excellence®

• An Excellent® Admin
  • Administrator
  • "An Excellent® Person"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 10:16:15 pm »

http://iwbtg.kayin.moe/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=11465

This guy has been posting some useless stuff.

Removed most of the offending posts, if they continue to do so they'll get warned/banned soon enough.

http://iwbtg.kayin.moe/forums/index.php?topic=23463.0 ???
http://iwbtg.kayin.moe/forums/index.php?topic=22530.0

Moved to proper boards.

http://iwbtg.kayin.moe/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=11459

This guy keeps necro'ing threads from last year and so on, though reminded he shouldn't.
I'll keep a weather eye open for him in case he does it some more. Also seems like there's a bit of a language barrier going on as well, which doesn't excuse his actions but it is something to keep in mind.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 02:36:53 pm by Chef Excellence® »

SpaceH3R0

• It's happening
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 11:06:34 am »

This guy joined yesterday and hes only been posting crap in serious discussion and insulting people
http://iwbtg.kayin.moe/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=11530

EDIT: One day has passed and he's made like 5 crappy posts already please do something! ;A;
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 12:33:25 pm by SpaceH3R0 »
*Shitty signature*

Katz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 09:40:39 am »

http://iwbtg.kayin.moe/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=11532

same dude, posting potentially offensive (and political) nonsense in serious boards. Obviously not serious and counterproductive to us. 
Join the official IWBTF discord server! https://discord.me/iwbtg

Rarest Pepe

• IT BEGINS
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2015, 10:50:22 am »

http://iwbtg.kayin.moe/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=11532 Still won't stop spewing his diarrhea in Serious Discussion

Chef Excellence®

• An Excellent® Admin
  • Administrator
  • "An Excellent® Person"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2015, 11:07:28 am »

This guy joined yesterday and hes only been posting crap in serious discussion and insulting people
http://iwbtg.kayin.moe/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=11530

EDIT: One day has passed and he's made like 5 crappy posts already please do something! ;A;
http://iwbtg.kayin.moe/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=11532

same dude, posting potentially offensive (and political) nonsense in serious boards. Obviously not serious and counterproductive to us. 

Swiftly dealt with, permanently (hopefully). I tried to ban him for a week to see if he'd lighten up, but trolls never change.

infern0man1

• Unrevoked
  • It's been revoked.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2015, 08:29:49 am »

SpaceH3R0

• It's happening
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2015, 01:17:39 pm »

*Shitty signature*

Evan20000

• Nuke 'em
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • Forum Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2015, 02:49:30 pm »

Taken care of.

Your videos could just be you in a Nazi outfit, shitting into a bucket while doing the can-can and they'd already be miles ahead of Pewdiepie.

telemorph

• View Profile
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5