I Wanna Be The Forums!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34

Author Topic: IWBTF: The Screenplay  (Read 85239 times)

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
Re: IWBTF: The Screenplay
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2010, 07:45:02 pm »

Oooo, this has potential. What is a Cloudbeast anyhoos?
It's a cloud in the shape of a horse that Rag rides around. Basically, I needed a reason for you to know where Rag had gone and also have a reason you didn't follow him. But also, it sounds really badass.

Also, this is going over much better than I thought it would O.o
Ybbald: I read that as "deadly venser"
Ybbald: and I was like
Ybbald: "when is venser NOT deadly?"

Arkhanno: We'll have to out-source to the US. I know of a great doctor with lifeguard training that can do anything with a 90% success rate

Evan20k: Sherlock Holmes didn't have 5 arms and 6 penises and lifeguard training

Dagnarok

• Neutral Good Moderator
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • Commander of the USP Talon
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2010, 08:39:40 pm »

Well what's not to like?
Quote from: Tilyami
Shuu is like the monkey's paw if the monkey's paw was a partridge.

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2010, 11:59:46 pm »

Act 2 - Scene 1

[Curtain opens and lights come up on the inside of a meetinghouse. Many of the people of Hometown can be seen; JCM, matonen, Yuping, DraconicDescendant, Rad, Yoshi, Tervez, Sarah, Neo, Pokota, and Alpha Centari are all in the room. Most are sitting on benches, but some are standing and Rad stands at a podium in the front of the room]

Rad: Okay guys. Yesterday Liquid was suppose to find one of those Unhealthy Fruit trees and try and bring back a sample, but he vanished, along with Ybbald and Silver. I think their disappearance may be the same thing as Koppis, OLDGREG and Yule disappearing - Sarah saw Silver and Ybbald leaving Hometown with Liquid towards Kirbyland. However, there are some new spikes around the area; we couldn't get in. So they may just be stuck inside.

Sarah: Yes, they left towards Kirbyland, but I don't know, maybe they got lost...

Rad: They should have been back by now. Tervez and Neo didn't see them anywhere near the entrance, but after that, there was a spike wall. That is correct, right guys?

Tervez: Yeah.

Neo: Yeah.

matonen: Did you guys take a platform to get over the spikes?

Tervez: We couldn't figure out how to do it. Whenever we were over the spikes, they would shoot up, but then once you were out of their path they would shoot back down.

Neo: I thought maybe one of us could sneak under when the other went over it to trigger it, but it didn't work. I barely got out alive, no Regular is fast enough to make it across in time.

Rad: Well, thanks for trying, but we have to assume that if we can't get in, they can't get out.

Pokota: What about the Underground? They could go out that way, or maybe we could get in...

Rad: No one's ever come out alive from the Underground, I doubt Silver would be stupid enough to try it. Ybbald might try if he knew he couldn't leave, and maybe Liquid would, but I don't think they'll do it.

Pokota: But what if we tried to go in? We know where it comes out. If we got a group together to go through and rescue them, maybe then we could get some of that Unhealthy Fruit.

Rad: It's too dangerous. It takes years for someone to be resurrected by a Save Point, we don't want people out of commission now. We'll just have to wait for the spike wall to move.

Pokota: It could be centuries before the spike wall moves again!

Rad: Fine, we'll assemble a team. But I want them to come back if they encounter any traps that they don't think would be passable without luck. Does anyone volunteer?

Tervez: I'll go.

Yoshi: I'll go too.

Rad: Anyone else? I'm not sending just two people.

[brief silence]

Pokota: I guess I'll go, too.

Rad: Well, if there's no one else willing to go...

[silence]

Rad: You three should get together some supplies and leave tomorrow. The Underground isn't a safe place, I don't want to lose another three Regulars. People leaving on their own is bad enough, I don't want anyone to die on a mission I gave them.

Tervez: We'll do our best, Mayor Rad.

Rad: Well, you three go gather supplies, that's more important than the rest of this meeting.

[Tervez, Pokota, and Yoshi exit stage left through a door]

Rad: Now then, if that issue is dealt with, let's move on. Alpha, you just got back from a trip near the Fortress. Was anything out of the ordinary?

Alpha Centauri: I couldn't get too close. There were those corrupted Spikebeasts around it like there usually are, and the Unhealthy Fruit trees, but they were both much further out than before. And there were some new things, too - I didn't get too close, but I could hear something really big tromping around. I also saw some weird-looking spikes, they were all serrated and grey...but the worst part was the sky. All around the Fortress, the sky was just black and grey.

Rad: Well, thanks for checking it out, but that information doesn't tell us anything. Now, if we'll continue, I believe we were speaking about looking for a new well last meeting...

[scene fades to blackout as Rad continues talking]

End Scene 1

Arkhanno: We'll have to out-source to the US. I know of a great doctor with lifeguard training that can do anything with a 90% success rate

Evan20k: Sherlock Holmes didn't have 5 arms and 6 penises and lifeguard training

liquidCorgster

• Signature Moderator
  • The Guy
  • hanged man
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2010, 12:40:16 am »

This is getting intense. Are Spikebeasts like the spikes that walk in the cave before Kraidgief?

And yes, I would be plucky enough to try and escape from the Underwhere. =P

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2010, 12:47:53 am »

Yes, the Spikebeasts are the same thing as that one group of three spikes that jumps up and tries to kill you before Kraidgief.

Also note, Underground is not the same as Underworld. The Underground is part of the IWBTG universe, whereas the Underworld is a part of the IWBTF universe.

Silver

• Herd Leader
  • The Guy
  • Inifinty - so far away yet around us at all times.
    • View Profile
    • DarkLiteEntertainment
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2010, 01:09:44 am »

This is amazing. I vote for it to be stickied.
Because pickles.

liquidCorgster

• Signature Moderator
  • The Guy
  • hanged man
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2010, 01:28:39 am »

I know, I was referencing Super Paper Mario.

And yes, I second the sticky notion.

Silver

• Herd Leader
  • The Guy
  • Inifinty - so far away yet around us at all times.
    • View Profile
    • DarkLiteEntertainment
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2010, 01:29:32 am »

I know, I was referencing Super Paper Mario.

And yes, I second the sticky notion.
Decent game.

Horrible Paper Mario game.
Because pickles.

liquidCorgster

• Signature Moderator
  • The Guy
  • hanged man
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2010, 01:32:22 am »

A good idea: Mixture of platformer and RPG.

Should have NOT been a Paper Mario though.

Lion

• The Guy
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2010, 02:33:56 am »

I seem to have been silenced... At least I was there, though. xD
Quote from: Jake
Here's the part that's hard to talk about... Mr. Mac... Touched my peeeeeeeeenis

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2010, 02:37:28 am »

Oh yeah, and as for the regulars who weren't in the meeting: there's a reason for that. Don't worry, everyone will have a part of the story eventually, even if you don't appear to be important now. (You might eventually become so, although this story doesn't even have a main character, main group of characters, or even a distinguishable main divisor).

Lion

• The Guy
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2010, 02:44:29 am »

Hm... I never expected to be mentioned at all cause even though I'm a regular, you hate me. (Or at least I think you do. xD)
Here's the part that's hard to talk about... Mr. Mac... Touched my peeeeeeeeenis

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2010, 02:51:32 am »

I think this has come up before, and I'm still wondering why you think I hate you. I don't hate any regulars, although I dislike many of DD's practices. I appreciate some of his others, however.

Lion

• The Guy
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2010, 02:56:28 am »

Hm... Something from a while ago hinted me towards it, but I don't remember. xD

SilentLoner

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2010, 07:43:37 am »

Aw, someone beat me to the sticky. :(

Anyways, I really can't wait to see where this goes. No need to rush things, though.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34